This is is one of Brittany Jaroudi’s recipes. Depending on how tart the berries are I add a touch maple syrup. She has many version of this recipe including Apple Pie Bites.
Yield: 10-12 Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups mixed fruit/berries
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set aside silicone muffin cups.
- Add bananas to a large mixing bowl and mash well. Add lemon juice, rolled oats, and ground flax. Mix well to combine. I like to leave this sit for an hour or so for rolled oats to absorb the moisture from the bananas.
- Add the berries and if using, the maple syrup. Stir to combine then scoop into muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from muffin cups.
If you like this type of muffins then you might want to check out Chef AJ’s Cram Muffins.