This recipe has been revised and made with carob powder which will eliminate the saturated fat. These nuggets satisfy a melt in your mouth feathery crunch with a taste reminiscent to chocolate.
Yield: 50-60 nuggets
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (or homemade almond butter)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup raisins
- 6 Tbsp roasted carob powder
- 4 cups Rice Krispies* (142g/5oz)
- Add to a bowl the dry ingredients and set aside (raisins, carob powder and rice Krispies)
- In a large pan add the nut butter and syrup. Over a low to medium heat warm the nut butter until the syrup can be mixed in to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. This will be very thick.
- To form nuggets, press mixture into a cookie dough scooper.
- Keep these in the freezer, they thaw quickly so no pre-planning to enjoy.
- Can substitute with Rogers Golden syrup or with honey. If you live in my community, Rogers Golden Syrup can be purchased in most grocery stores.
- Can substitute with Crispy Rice by Natures Path
- To prevent mixture from sticking inside the cookie dough scooper it is helpful to dip it in a cup of water in between each scoop.