About Carob Powder
- Carob is made from the locust bean pod.
- Carob powder is a healthier option and is a good substitute over cocoa powder. It can be substituted in a 1:1 ratio carob to cocoa powder.
- Carob is naturally sweet and is caffeine free.
- Carob is only 2% fat compared to 52% fat found in cocoa.
- Carob is available raw or roasted. The roasted version is reminiscent to chocolate.
- Look for carob powder in health food stores. If you live in my community it can be purchased in Amaranth Foods.