Makes about 3 cups
- ½ cup cashews (70 g/2.5 oz)
- 1 can (796 ml/ ) pears in juice, drain well
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp guar gum, optional see note below
- Add cashews and pears to blender and blend until very smooth. (with VitaMix about one minute)
- Enjoy as a topping to any dessert including; Cherry Peach Cobbler. Another option is to use the Cashew Pear Cream.
- Guar gum is a natural thickening and stabilizing ingredient. If you don’t have guar gum the pear whip will still be tasty, just not quite as firm.
- Left over pear juice can be enjoyed as a beverage, just as it is.
- Pear juice can be added to a smoothie, or mix it with Perrier water for a tasty beverage.
- Use pear juice instead of the water in the No Bake Pumpkin Pie Mousse.
- Left over pear juice can also be frozen.