Yield: about 4 cups
- ½ cup raw cashews (70 g/2.5 oz)
- 1 can (796 ml/28 oz) pears canned in pear juice
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract (or ½ tsp almond extract and ½ tsp vanilla)
- ¼ tsp guar gum*, optional
- Add cashews, pears with the juice, and the vanilla to blender. Blend until very smooth.
- If desired add the guar gum and blend to incorporate.
- Enjoy as a topping to any dessert, waffles or to drizzle on Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal. Another option would be to use the Cashew Pear Whip.
- If you do not have a high-powered blender like a VitaMix soften cashews by soaking them overnight or soak in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Discard soaking water.
- Guar gum* is a natural thickening and stabilizing ingredient.