This is a time saver breakfast! Assemble it the night before and bake it in the morning. The original recipe can be found on OhSheGlows.
Yield: 9×12 pan
- 2 cups rolled oats, old fashioned
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 3 cups plant-based milk (view instructions on how make to cashew milk)
- 1½ cups shredded carrots (200g/7oz)
- 3-4 Tbsps maple syrup*
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup walnuts for optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use an 8×8 or 9×12-inch baking pan. No need to grease pan.
- Add to baking pan the rolled oats, raisins and spices then mix well to distribute.
- Add the plant-based milk, carrots, syrup, and vanilla. Stir well to combine, then smooth out the mixture into the pan. This mixture will be very wet.
- Cover baking pan with a layer of foil and place pan in the fridge overnight. (If desired, to prevent the foil from touching the food first cover with a layer of parchment paper then foil. When allowing this to sit overnight the oats will absorb the milk and the mixture will become firm).
- To prevent oats from drying out, bake covered for 40 minutes then bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- This can be enjoyed plain, with your favorite plant-based milk or with a drizzle of Cashew Pear Cream. If desired add a sprinkle of chopped walnuts.
- Leftovers can be enjoyed cold, or warmed up.
- Instead of maple syrup substitute with 12-15 pitted Deglet Noor dates.
- If using dates, add them to the blender with the plant-based milk and vanilla. Allow dates to soak for 20 minutes or until soften then blend. Continue with instructions starting with step 4.