This recipe is fabulous for anyone who likes spicy and wants a change from traditional hummus.
Yield: about 2 cups
- 2 cups unsalted black beans (540 ml/19 oz can), reserve liquid to thin down hummus
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ Tbsp light miso
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili chipotle*
- ½ smoked paprika*
- ½ tsp salt
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or VitaMix. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of container as needed. If desired add some of the bean liquid to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve with Pita Chips, or as a spread with a hearty bread or as a dip.
- Keeps 5 to 7 days in the fridge or freeze for later use.
- Should you prefer less spicy use chili powder instead of chipotle and regular paprika instead of smoked.