These pita chips are a healthier option than anything fried and they provide a satisfying crunch. They go really well with the Cashew Sour Cream/Dip/Multi-Purpose Spread and with this Cheese Sauce.
- 1 pkg whole wheat pita bread*
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using kitchen scissors or a pizza cutter, cut pita bread into pieces. Separate the top from the bottom layers and lay the pieces onto large baking pans.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until a light golden brown. Take care to not burn.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- Look for a brand of whole wheat pita bread that is made without oil. If you live in the Edmonton region, Sunbake Pita Bakery makes fresh baked pita bread. SuperStore also carries an oil free pita bread.