Yield: about 8-10 servings
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2½ pounds potatoes
- ½ cup plant based milk, adjust as needed
- ¼ cup minced onion, optional
- 1 clove pressed garlic, optional
- paprika & dried parsley
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven with option to use broiler to brown the top.
- Prepare the Cauliflower Crumbles or Burger Delight.
- Prepare the potatoes. Peel and cut the potatoes. Cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking prepare the vegetables. Blanch carrots and peppers and thaw corn.
- After potatoes are done drain and return to the pot. Use a potato masher and mash potatoes until creamy smooth. Add enough plant based milk to bind and if desired add minced onion and garlic. The consistency should be soft but firm.
- Spread even layers in a 9×13-inch oven safe pan. Start with your choice of meat substitute, vegetables and top with mashed potatoes. Lightly press down to compress layers.
- Sprinkle with paprika and dried parsley.
- If this was made ahead of time and coming out of the fridge, to prevent it from drying out, bake covered. Cover pan with foil lined with parchment paper and bake for 40-45 minutes. Carefully remove foil and parchment paper and if desired broil for a few minutes until the potatoes turn golden brown. If desired serve with Mushroom Onion Gravy. If this is being made fresh and not going in the fridge, the ingredients won’t be cold, thus it will only require a few minutes under the broiler to add a bit of color to the top before serving.