Yield: about 10 cups
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (540 ml/19 oz)
- 1 can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed (540 ml/19 oz)
- 1½ cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1½ cups chopped fresh tomatoes (Roma or cherry)
- 1 bell diced, pepper (half green and half red)
- ½ cup diced, sweet onions
- 2 green onions, cut diagonally (green and white parts)
- 2 small ripe diced avocados*
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, optional
- Salt to taste
- 2½ cups Pico De Gallo
- With the exception of the avocado, combine all the ingredients together and toss well to combine. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy as a salad, or serve with Pita Chips.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- To prevent avocado from turning brown, don’t add it until just before serving.