Yield: enough filling to make 2 cheesecakes
Have prepared ahead of time
- Two unbaked 8″ pie crusts (recipe to make Pecan Date pie crust)
- ¼ cup millet cooked in 1 cup water (view how to cook millet)
- 1 pkg (350 gr) extra firm tofu (do not use silken tofu, it will affect how it sets)
- 1 can (540 ml) pineapple with juice
- 1 medium banana
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1½ tsp of each flavoring: coconut, lemon, and butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- After the millet is cooked, and while it’s still hot, add it to the blender along with the tofu, pineapple with juice, banana, lemon juice, cornstarch, maple syrup and flavorings. Blend until creamy smooth.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for about 55 minutes, or until center is firm.
- Chill before serving. If desired serve with a Fruit & Berry Topping.
- This recipe makes enough filling for 2 pie crusts. Unless you have a large heavy-duty blender like a VitaMix you will need to blend this mixture in two separate batches.
- Coconut, lemon and butter flavoring can be purchased through Bulk Barn or a Watkins dealer
As picture below, this Tropical Cheesecake is also very nice without a crust.