These No Bake Nuggets are gluten free.
Yield: about 90 bite sized nuggets
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups Rice Krispie’s
- ½ cup buckwheat
- ½ cup raisins, optional (60 g/2 oz)
- ½ cup chocolate chips, optional
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, optional (22 g/.75 oz)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder, or substitute with carob powder
- ½ cup maple syrup (I use Roger’s Golden syrup)
- ½ cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Measure and combine the rolled oats, rice Krispie’s, buckwheat and cocoa powder and set aside.
- Measure the raisins, chocolate chips and/or coconut and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, add syrup, peanut butter and molasses. Over medium heat, stirring often, until nut butter melts and the mixture starts to bubble. Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add the rolled oats with the rice Krispie’s, buckwheat and cocoa. Carefully and quickly stir until the dry ingredient are evenly coated.
- If using, add raisins, chocolate chips and/or coconut. Note, because the mixture is hot the chocolate chips will melt.
- To form nuggets use a small cookie dough scooper, scoop then press mixture firmly into the scooper, then release the nugget. If/when the mixture begins to stick to the inside of the scooper, dip scooper into a bowl of water before scooping into the mixture. This will help to release the nuggets.
- Enjoy! These are also freezer friendly.
- If you are transitioning off sugar/syrup, consider using date syrup or date paste.