This frosting is amazing and can be piped. Be creative and take it a step further. My inspiration came from the frosting that was included with the Adonis Cake recipe.
Yield: about 2 cups frosting
- 1 package silken tofu (340 g/12 oz)
- ¾ cup, melted semisweet chocolate chips*
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar, optional
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Before making the frosting wrap tofu in a clean cotton tea towel, then wrap the cotton tea towel in second towel and place in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours.
- Add tofu to food processor or blender along with the melted chocolate and vanilla. Blend until creamy.
- Check frosting for sweetness and if desired add a bit of cane sugar.
- To allow frosting to thicken, place in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- This frosting is freezer friendly.
- For white frosting use white chocolate, then if desired frosting could be colored with food coloring.
- This can be used as a spread reminiscent to Nutella. Wrap tofu overnight so it becomes super thick. Then follow the instructions above but substitute vanilla with hazelnut extract.