Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk, or could use water
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (or use a scoop of date paste instead)
Additional Flavoring Options
Use one, use all or use a combination of any that are on the list.
- 1 Tbsp nut butter or a nut and seed butter
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fresh grated ginger
- ¼ tsp cardamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Decide on what flavoring options you want, then whisk everything together in a medium bowl. To prevent chia seeds from clumping, they must be whisked immediately after they are wet, then whisk again in another 3 to 4 minutes. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes, then whisk again.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight, or at least for 3 to 4 hours for chia seeds to get plump and to achieve a pudding-like consistency.
- Eat with 5 days to 1 week.