- 1 cup, packed pitted dates (170g/6oz)
- 1 cup water (use chlorine free water)
- Soak dates in water overnight.
- Drain soak water from dates and set aside.
- Add soften dates to blender or food processor.
- Add ¼ cup of the date water and blend.
- If needed, add more date water and continue to blend until mixture is creamy smooth.
- Store date paste in a container with lid and use within a month.
- Very dry dates will likely absorb all the water so there might not be any water to pour off.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.