Makes about 1½ cups
- ¼ cup cornmeal (43 g/1.5 oz)
- 1¼ cup water, room temperature
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup frozen corn (rinsed to remove frost crystals)
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1-1½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp butter flavoring, (I use Watkins, do not over use)
- First, cook the cornmeal. To prevent lumping add cornmeal to room temperature water and stir to mix.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil. Turn down heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. (To prevent cornmeal from sticking to the bottom of the pot, stir occasionally. Be careful as when this mixture thickens it can erupt and splatter.)
- Add to high speed blender, the hot cooked cornmeal with the corn. Blend until smooth.
- Add nutritional yeast, salt, lemon juice, and butter flavoring. Blend briefly to mix.
- Pour into a container, allow to cool then cover. It will take about 3-4 hours to set.
- Keeps well in fridge 5 days to 1 week.