Yield: 2 cups
- 1 can brown lentils* (398 ml/14 oz)
- 1½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup (70 g/2.5 oz) walnuts
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt, optional
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Add lentils, onion powder, garlic powder, walnuts, soy sauce to blender or food processor and blend into a smooth paste. If the mixture is too thick add a bit of the lentil cooking water to achieve desired consistency. If desired, add salt and pepper.
- Put in a sealed container and keep in refrigerator. This will keep well for 5-6 days. This pate’ is also freezer friendly.
- Can use about 1½ cups home cooked lentils. Drain, and reserve the liquid to thin down the pâté.