Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 can (398 ml/14 oz) unsalted chickpeas, well drained (or about 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas)
- 2 Tbsp capers, mashed or finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp wakame or kelp granules (for more information click here)
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- 4 Tbsp green relish or minced pickles
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- Few drops of hot sauce, optional
- In a large bowl add well-drained chickpeas and semi mash. Can be done with a fork or potato masher. If using a food processor be careful to not over process, as you want some texture.
- Add and mash in to incorporate the remainder of the ingredients.
- Can be enjoyed right away. Spread mixture between sliced bread for sandwiches, stuff a pita pocket or serve on a bed of salad greens.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container and in the fridge. Enjoy and use within 5 to 6 days.