Yield: about 6 servings
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked and well drained
- 1½ cups beets, cooked and diced
- 1½ cups chickpeas, well drained
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- 1 large orange, peeled and broken into sections or canned mandarin orange segments
Ingredients for Balsamic Reduction
- ½ cup dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Add to a large mixing bowl the salad ingredients and set aside.
- Make the balsamic reduction by putting the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in a small pan. Stirring mixture constantly, bring the mixture to boil. Continue boiling until mixture reduces to about a third. Stir in minced garlic and allow mixture to cool then pour over the salad ingredients. Toss well. Serve with either pieces of fresh orange or mandarin orange segments.
- Leftovers keep well for about 5 days.