I was inspired by this recipe that a friend sent me. This is my adapted version. The original recipe can be found on AllRecipes.
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 ½ cups quinoa, cooked and cooled (view instructions on how to cook quinoa)
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 ribs chopped celery (about ½ cup)
- 1 medium julienned carrot (about 1 cup)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 3 Tbsp red onion, minced
- 4 – 6 green onions, diagonal sliced
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ to ½ cup, fresh chopped cilantro, optional
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds, garnish
Ingredients for Salad Dressing
- ¾ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Add cooked and cooled quinoa to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with curry powder and toss.
- Add the peppers, celery, carrots, apple, onion, green onions, cranberries and if using the cilantro. Toss to combine. Add enough salad dressing to moisten, but not saturate. Toss to combine.
- When ready to enjoy add a generous sprinkle of toasted almonds.
- Keep in fridge. Leftovers keep well for 3 to 4 days.