Oil based salad dressings are famous for adding a clingy texture to salad dressings. When looking for healthier choices this can be a challenge.
Yield: 1 cup
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp additional water
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- Add the water to a small sauce pan and bring it to boil.
- Make a starch slurry by mixing the arrowroot powder with the tablespoon of water.
- When the water is just about to boil, begin stirring while pouring in the starch slurry. Continue stirring while the mixture thickens and comes back to a boil.
- Allow to cool and use in place of oil in salad dressings.
- To make this freezer friendly, be sure to use arrowroot powder.
- This is my favorite, freezer friendly Oil Free Italian Dressing.
- Ice cube trays make it convenient to portion freeze and use to replace oil in your favorite dressings.