These Chicken Strips are made from Soy Curls and are quick and easy to prepare. These can be left plain or breaded.
Yield: for one generous serving:
- 42 grams dry soy curls will make 142 g
- 1½ oz dry soy curls will make 5 oz
- ½ pkg Soy Curls* (about 2 cups/4 oz dry measure)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 Tbsp Chicken Flavored Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- Add water, Chicken Flavored Seasoning, salt and soy curls to a pot. Cover and soak for 8-10 minutes or until soft and plump.
- These are ready to eat. Taste and if desired add a bit more seasoning or salt.
- Drain and squeeze out excess water. A salad spinner will do a great job. If desired. save the broth for soups.
- Pan fry or toss Soy Curls in a Ziplock bag with Panko. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or put in an air fryer for 8 to 10 minutes.
Other ways to enjoy Soy Curls
- With sweet sour sauce, orange chicken or BBQ sauce.
- Chop, add a scoop of mayo and make chicken salad sandwich filings.