Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked buckwheat (view instructions to cook perfect buckwheat)
- ¾ cup onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pkg frozen broccoli (about 55 g/20 oz or about 2½ cups fresh broccoli)
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 ¼ cup plant-based milk (view instructions to make your own)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp rice flour
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp poultry seasoning
- 3 grinds of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sambal oelek, if you like heat
- In a large pan, sauté the broccoli, onions, garlic, celery, and mushrooms until crisp tender.
- Add to blender the water, cashews and the remainder of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour blender contents over the vegetables. Add the cooked buckwheat and stir mixture well to combine.
- Pour contents into a casserole dish, cover and bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes. If you prefer, you could leave this on the stove top. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Can substitute cauliflower for broccoli.
- Carrots or green beans are also very nice in this casserole.