Yield: about 2 cups
- 4 to 8 jalapenos cut vertically and leave seeds inside (see notes)
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems and leaves
- ½ onion, cut in chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ tsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp water (or use this magical mixture instead)
- Juice from 1 whole lemon or lime
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- Add ingredients to food processor or pulse in blender to chop fine.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in fridge until ready to use.
- Keeps well for 5 – 7 days.
- The Salsa Verde in class was made with 4 jalapenos. To make it less hot, remove the seeds. For no heat use tomatillos or a combination of tomatillos and jalapenos.