Yield: about 6 cups
Step One Cooking the Millet
- ½ cup millet
- 1 can (540 ml) pineapple chunks packed in pineapple juice (save the juice)
- water (add enough water to the pineapple juice for it to measure 2 cups liquid)
- Choose your method of cooking the millet. Either stove top or instant pot.
- Wash millet, drain well and add it to a pot that will have a tight fitting lid.
- Set instant pot on manual for 10 minutes and allow pressure to drop naturally. For stove top allow about 50 minutes. For more cooking details view instructions How to Cook Millet.
The other ingredients
- pineapple (from step one)
- 1 pkg silken tofu (about 350 g/12.3 oz)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups berries, optional (to be used as a topping)
- 2 cups granola (instructions to make Granola Clusters)
- Carefully add the hot cooked millet to a high-speed blender. Add the pineapple, silken tofu, syrup, and vanilla. Blend until creamy.
- To assemble the parfaits, add a scoop of granola to the bottom of each parfait glass and pour parfait mixture over the granola. Parfaits will thicken when cooled.
- Allow parfaits to cool before covering.
- Keep in refrigerator and enjoy with in 5 to 6 days. If desired serve with berries.
- Instead of silken tofu use ½ cup cashews.
- Alternatively instead of making parfaits, this could be made into a Pineapple Millet Pudding. In a 10″x12″ pan, evenly spread out 2 cups granola, then pour the pudding mixture over the granola. Let it cool before covering.