Yield: 12 to 14 muffins about 60 g-85 g/2-3 oz each
- 1 ½ cups mashed very ripe very ripe bananas (340 g/12 oz after peeled)
- 12 pitted dates (85 g/3 oz)
- 2/3 cups water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (284 g/10 oz)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips (85 g/3 oz)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, optional (60 g/2 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare muffin pan or use non stick silicone muffin cups.
- Add dates to a bowl and add water. Set aside to allow dates to soften for 30 minutes or longer as needed.
- Add to a medium size bowl and whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- When dates have soften add them along with the soaking water to a blender. Add the bananas and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into a large bowl. Add the blended flour along with the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Mix to combine, taking care to not over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake on center of oven for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool on a wire rack. Keep leftover muffins in the fridge for 4-5 days, or freezer for a later.