Yield: about 2 cups
- 1½ cups cooked millet (use 1½ cups water to 1/3 cup dry millet) (view instructions how to cook millet)
- 1 cup (128 g/4½ oz) raw cashews
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2¼ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Add the hot cooked millet to a high-speed blender along with the cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, onion and garlic powder, dry mustard and salt. This will be very thick. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Scoop contents into a container. Allow to cool then cover and keep in the fridge. It will thicken a little more after it has time to chill.
- This cheese keeps well for 7-8 days and it’s also freezer friendly.
How to Use
- As a spread on toast, crackers etc.
- Whip into mashed potatoes.
- As a drizzle over vegetables in this case add a little water or plant-based milk to thin down.