- 1 small ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp almond butter or nut and seed butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat non-stick waffle iron.
- Blend banana, nut butter, water and ground flax until smooth and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add the dry ingredients.
- Add blended banana mixture to dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour batter into hot preheated waffle iron, being careful to not overfill.
- Allow 7-8 minutes for waffles to be ready.
- If desired, serve with apple sauce and a nut butter. Another option is with Cashew Pear Cream and berries.