- ¼ cup/1.5oz cornmeal
- 1¼ cup water, room temperature
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp/.5oz frozen corn, rinsed to remove frost crystals
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1-1½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp butter flavoring, (I use Watkins, do not over use)
- First, cook the cornmeal. To prevent lumping add cornmeal to room temperature water and stir to mix.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil. Turn down heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- To prevent cornmeal from sticking to the bottom of the pot, stir occasionally.
- Be careful as when this mixture thickens it can burp and splatter.
- Add to high speed blender, the hot cooked cornmeal with the corn. Blend until smooth.
- Add nutritional yeast, salt, lemon juice, and butter flavoring. Blend briefly to mix.
- Pour into a container, allow to cool then cover. It will take about 3-4 hours to set.
- Keeps well in fridge 5 days to 1 week